Olympic center Jahorina
Jahorina is a synonym for security to have the snow with a guaranteed minimum of 120 days of skiing! It represents a unique balance between good skiing, nature, fun, tradition and history. Jahorina is a mountain for everyone and affects everyone’s taste. It is specific for its tracks, from mild and wide slopes tailored for beginners to Olympic steepest downhill trails for the most experienced skiers only. The international airport is just 28km away, giving it added value and justifiable label of being the most affordable ski center in the Balkans.
The best value for money!
Jahorina is located in the center of the Balkans, at the point where the cold and hot continental Mediterranean climate meet, with the highest peak of Ogorjelica of 1916m above sea level, which makes winter days spent on Jahorina very healthy and pleasant. Jahorina can boast of the most modern artificial snow-making system which connects the whole resort, i.e. 40km of alpine and 10km of Nordic trails. At any time, perfectly groomed slopes are linked to the most modern ski lifts for transport of skiers and snowboarders, of a total capacity of around 13 000 skiers per hour.
It is especially pleasant to spend day or evening moments in one of the Jahorina cosy corners with a rich gastro and wellness offer.
Winter Olympics from 08 to19 February1984.
Alpine women skiing competition at the Olympic Games in 1984, was held from 13 to 19 February at Jahorina in the disciplines of downhill, slalom and giant slalom.
- A total of 250,000 tickets were sold, of which 200,000 abroad;
- TV broadcast of the Olympics was followed by two billion people;
- Organization of WOG cost 142.6 million dollars, and half of the revenue was generated from the sale of TV rights to broadcast;
- There were 1,272 athletes from 49 countries, with more than 4,500 journalists reporting from the Games;
- The skier Jure Franko won the first medal for Yugoslavia on the Winter Olympic Games in history – a silver medal in the giant slalom;
- After the Winter Olympics, Sarajevo city remained with 2,850 newly built comfortable apartments, several beautiful hotels and other attractive facilities, and 9,500 new jobs were opened;
- Exhibition on Sarajevo Olympic Games was presented in 1640 cities and places in the former Yugoslavia and the world.
AD Olympic Center Jahorina
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: +387 57270090
Fax: +387 57270090
MARKETING AND SALES
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: +387 57270003
The bodies of the Management
|The Supervisory Board:|