Jahorina – Pale: 14 km
Church of the Dormition of the Holy Virgin in Pale was built in 1909. It was designed by a twenty-four year-old construction technician Lazar Drljaca.
The consecration of the foundations of the church in Pale, was conducted at St. Peter’s day on July the 12th 1908. Two and a half months after this act, there was an annexation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Construction continued in the worst political fire. Already on 30th of August 1909. the temple was completed, all the works were completed and dedicated to the Dormition of the Blessed Virgin Mary, on Great Assumption on 28th of August. Municipality of Pale celebrates the Great Assumption as the glory of the city.
The church was desecrated in the two world wars, but every time after the war it was repaired.
The church is characterized by that that it is slanted by 35 degrees, the altar facing the southeast, and the portal door to the northwest, and not in the direction west-east. The church belongs to the parish of Pale, which was founded in 1890.