Jahorina – Pale: 14 km
Church of St. Josip in Pale was built in 1911. , and the parish was founded in Pale in 1925. The church was built in the alpine style, exclusively made of wood, so it is the only wooden church in the Vrhbosna archdiocese.
This church is under the protection of the State Commission for Protection of Monuments. With its style it fits into the mountain area for winter sports and recreation. The church was built by Austrian engineers for their religious needs, and later, increasing the number of Catholic population, it was the center of Romanijan catholic.
The architectural assembly of the Catholic church in Pale is located in the center of town, so called Old bazaar or Small Pale. Entrance to the church is on the northeast side. The main axis of the church is directed northeast-southwest, with the entrance on the north side. This church stands out with its architectural characteristics out of all wooden churches of Orthodox Christian and Catholic wooden churches which are located in Croatia.